Dental Lasers Golders Green
At The Lotus Clinic our expert Dr Frankl uses three types of dental lasers. The main one is the Waterlase® for doing fillings without the use of the drill or local anaesthetic. TheWaterlase® uses HYDROKINETIC® technology to perform a variety of dental procedures, including cavity preparation, caries removal, tooth etching and a wide range of soft tissue (gum) and hard tissue procedures.
What are benefits of the Waterlase®?
- The Waterlase® significantly improves patients’ comfort in the dentist’s chair: 98.5% of patients treated with the Waterlase™ system reported no discomfort during theprocedure in a randomised, double-blind clinical trial conducted at the University of the Pacific
- Because it does not cause heat or vibration in the mouth, Waterlase® can ease the pain and anxiety of patients who fear the vibration and high-pitched whine oftraditional drills
- Waterlase® uses a cool-water spray to cut teeth without generating heat. Conventional drills and lasers can overheat teeth during procedures, causing discomfort anddamage to the soft tissue or pulp underneath
How does Waterlase® work?
- The Waterlase® system uses laser-energised water to cut teeth
- The Waterlase® emits a laser beam that energises a highly precise spray of air and water
- Water droplets absorb the laser energy and become laser-energised water particles that, when directed at the tooth, rapidly remove enamel, dentin and decay
We can now accurately detect dental decay with our Diognodent dental laser. We use digital X-rays which emit 80% less radiation compared to conventional X-rays, and can show you images of your teeth with our intra-oral camera displayed on a large plasma screen. We also have a soft tissue Diode laser for gum trimming and treatment of advanced gum disease.